Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Making progress. Tuesday 27th May

I missed my morning session today opting for some extra sleep. Emma had a good night sleeping for 6 hours straight allowing us to get some quality sleep. I did a couple of small jobs today, a letterbox and patch job.

The usual trainer session was on the cards after work with Mitchell playing in the backyard at the same time. I settled into the 2 hour interval session straight away. A few changes had occur ed: My cadence was faster, my heart rate lower. This means i am now putting out more power for the same effort. This is a great sign that the 12 hour did what i had hoped and stepped my fitness up a notch.

This method of raising your fitness level will only work if you have a sufficient amount of condition eg. a good solid base of quality km. If you don't have the base it will do the opposite and flatten you out.

You need 20-30grams of protein or as i had 1 scoop of Ascend recovery and 1 scoop of Ascend Muscle in 200ml of milk every 5 hours. This not only keeps you preforming at the optimal level but will also assist in a faster recovery.

No comments: