Friday, May 16, 2008

Ascend Sport.


I am pleased to announce my newest and most exciting sponsor Ascend. Ascend make a range of protein recovery supplements especially for athletes. I had heard alot about their products through Jason Jackson(Felt epix) and watched his marked improvement over a number of weeks.
I gave Ascend a call and asked if i could try out their product which i have been doing for the last month. Why didn't i announce this earlier, because i needed to know if this range of products worked as well as claimed.

I had just started base training for the 24 hour worlds when i started using the Ascend Elite range of products after each training session. For me protein supplementation is vital as i don't eat meat.
I jumped back into training pretty hard - my first week back on was about 20 hours of training. This can knock you around a bit until the body adapts. The difference i noticed as a result of taking the Ascend products is i felt so much better leading into my 2nd week.
By the end of week 3 i still felt as if i was improving. Usually week 3 is where i start to feel a bit flat - not this time. I still had my scheduled rest week which worked well with Kate having our 2nd child.
So far i am loving the Ascend Elite range of products. I am recovering faster which means i am getting fitter faster. The true test of the product will be over the next two months - i have a heavy training load and lots of racing.
You know you are on to something good when you can train hard and then race well the next day. Chase the Sun rd1 was a good start as i did 150km on the Saturday before and we were still able to take out the win in the Pro male pairs. Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments: