Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back training and what a weekend.


My sister Jen, her husband Paul, Birthday girl Mackenzie and little sister Abby.


Troy Baily out on Sundays Motor pace.


Well by Friday i was feeling better and actually rode on the trainer for an hour to get the legs moving again. Although i haven't fully recovered from the cold i was well enough to get a good weekend in. Friday night was a late one as we had Kate's family over for dinner to celebrate Jenny's (Kate's mum) birthday.

Then it was up early on Saturday for the Hell ride and extras getting in 200+km. The afternoon we tackled a triple 1 year old birthday party in the nongs followed by my niece Mackenzie's 2nd Birthday. By the time we got home and put the kids to bed we were both exhausted.

Emma conveniently woke up at 1am for a feed so i caught the end of stage 1 of the Tour. Then i was up at 5am for a motor pace session down to Sorento and back giving me another 200km day. I must say by the time we came back through Black rock i was a shell. I had the 1000 mile stare and just made it home.

Am i happy with that, hell yes. Sick all week and then back to back 200 km rides. I 'm pretty sure that showed me i am ready for the worlds. All i have to do now is tapper properly and i will actually feel good while doing it.

Tomorrow i will have a well deserved massage at Rosanna Remedial Massage.

No comments: