Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday 4th May.


Nothing wrong with the strength of Shimano XTR, it held firm as the hanger snapped.

After a couple of days catching up on sleep i was looking forward to the fatties Wednesday night ride. This ride ended 15mins into it when a stick snapped my derailleur hanger. Faced with no option i called Kate to pick me up. So instead of having a fun ride with my mates i was back to the grind of the mag trainer dripping sweat and all alone.

One thing on my mind lately is that the 24 hour world champs are drawing near(27th July). I am starting to feel the pressure not from sponsors or others but the pressure we place upon ourselves to perform. The next 5 weeks are critical in terms of preparation. It is vital to cross the T's and dot the I's. Over the years i have found that this final training period is critical to your success. There is no shortcuts over this period before tapering. You either do the work or suffer the consequences. I have to take each day as it comes not knowing what life will throw at me next. I know what i have to do to put the finishing touches on my fitness, i just have to do it. That is the pressure the work must be done now. This last training period always puts incredible strain on family life. With a good plan, an understanding and supportive family it can be done. Luckily i have both.

No comments: