Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday in Monteray

I finally managed to upload some pictures - this is Lombard St in San Fran - apparently it is the curviest St in the world

Yesterday i met Joel and Bob who are staying at the same hotel. They are from Canberra and Joel is racing in the under 25 category. They are missing their transport, so in the morning i gave them a lift out to the course for a quick look at the track as i was already meeting up with Craig Peacock.

Track description: The track is hard and fast, some descents we broke 70km/h. The whole track is open with no shade. Parts of the track are a bit sandy and they have put straw down to help with traction and stop you sinking in. Their are 5 short steep and 3 long climbs at a moderate e grade. Their is only 1 long downhill single track section that is heaps of fun and i will look forward to this part of the track every lap. The course is 20km long, has 550m of climbing and takes about 1 hour per lap.

During the day it gets really hot out at the track. I'm also told it can get really windy. The conditions remind me of the Kona 24 hourat.

This afternoon i went and had a massage - it was just what i needed to complete my pre-race training.

I'm heading down the local bike shop(Sports Centre Bikes in Monteray) now so Rob can have a look over my bikes before race day. He has also agreed to look after my bikes for the whole race, which is awesome and puts my mind at ease.

No comments: