Monday, August 20, 2007

Chase The SUN

It was time to put the finishing touches on the worlds preparation. I was confident we could get the money up for grabs after setting some PB's during training leading up. Russell Collete(Kona) was taking a well earned break which provided a perfect opportunity to team up with fellow Giant rider Murry Spink.

Great morning with the temperature perfect for racing. The first lap was brutal as Jack and Jason (Felt racing) pushed me hard for the first half a lap before i was able to hold it in the red zone for the rest of the lap to gain a handy lead.

Murry continued where i left off extending our lead further. From then on i just seemed to relax and really enjoy the trails. I had one minor hic up breaking my front derailleur on my 2nd last lap, leaving me with one option "ride the big dog home".

Murry finished it of for us taking line honors, making it 3wins from 3 races in the serries.

I thought the series was a great success and look forward to the next one. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as i did. I will be updating on how things look and feel on the lead up to the 24 Hour Worlds in Monteray. For now though a couple of easy days to recover before flying.

No comments: