Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday in San Francisco

I got up early (6am) and headed back over the Goldengate Bridge into the hills. I did a couple of loops today at a solid tempo. You climb about 600m an hour here. On the way back I raced a tram car up Hyde Street. Hyde Street is about 500m long and climbs 150m, that’s over 20% grade. This received a huge cheer from the passengers and was a solid end to another great ride.

We headed out after breakfast to tour Alcatraz but all the tours were booked until Monday. So I suggested we walk over to the Goldengate Bridge. Little did Kate know this was a 20km walk along the foreshore - 4 hours later we had seen and walked the bridge, Kate and Mitchell had also completed their pit crew training.

Tomorrow we head down to Monteray to settle in before the race.

2 comments:

Ann-Michel said...

Hi John,

Sounds like you're having fun - I remember Hyde St. I would have loved to see you racing the tram! I think you are BANANAS!

I didn't get to say bye before you left. Good luck and have a great time!

Jeff took us to the park for the first time this season yesterday and he's been punishing us with new sessions from the DVD. All good fun!

Hi to Kate - hope you're having a good time too.
Ann-Michel x

rhino said...

Good luck John, I wish you all the best in the weekends race. Bring the jersey home to Aust....