Saturday, March 15, 2008

2008 Giant Advance MTB

I just received my new bike from Giant. I picked it up on Friday from Pro Motion. Sometimes you get a new toy and it takes a while to adjust and get right but not this time. From the very first ride it was dialed perfect and felt like one i had been riding for years.

Out of the box this bike comes specked with full XTR including wheels, Reba World cup forks, raceface stem bars and seat post and weighs under 10.5kg. Changes for this year are the XTR wheels , Reba world cup forks and a smaller rear disc rotor.

I hit the trails at 5:30am Saturday morning for a blast along the Yarra Trails to Westerfolds. So you think it's dark at 5:30am but if you had of come across me you would have thought differently as i had my Endura blast on the handlebars and one on my helmet (that's about 1500 lumen's) practicing for the 24 next weekend. Things were going perfectly, the bike was hooking up unbelievably and i was feeling good again, then on the way back a bee got stuck between my helmet strap and my neck resulting in a verbal cursing session and me been stung on the neck. I had to get a group of walkers to pull the stinger out so i could continue my ride.

It seems i might have a bit of bear in me as one little sting isn't going to stop me from getting the honey.

Tip: Be the Bear

1 comment:

tjsr said...

Man, that's the third person I've talked to today who's said they were recently (as in this weekend) stung by a bee.

What was the old Anthem Advanced you were on, just an '07 one? I take it you'll be using this new toy for the 24?