Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tuesday night MTB critts and Knee update.

Well after some long and hard training today i had my cyst drained and cortisone injected into my knee. This will keep me going strong until i can fit the surgery in around the racing schedule. I am off to see the surgeon on Monday to find out what is involved with the surgery. One thing that has help keep my going is the high quality Ascend protein recovery, essential after each training session.

Also on Monday i am having an Eco Stess test at the Epworth to check on my heart. Due to its strange behavior over the years the doctor likes to keep a close eye on it and after having chest pain in Canada last year he is not going to take any chances.

Niggling physical problems like these are just events athletes have to deal with. I have learnt over the years you just have to deal with them the best you can as they are often out of your control. So take measures to have them fixed and focus on what you can control. eg Recovery and rehabilitation.

Skins are a great product to help speed the recovery process after training. Check out http://www.truespiritofcompetition.com/ for a look at skins moments in sport calendar that questions some classic moments in sport.

Riding wise i was able to get out on the Fatties Wednesday night ride. I picked my Giant Anthem up from ProMotion in North Road after a full service. It was great to hop on a fresh machine and smash along the Yarra full noise without it missing beat, giving you the adrenalin rush. If you would like to enhance your MTB skills this is the Weekly MTB ride to do. You should bring lights (Nightlightning) as it gets dark by 8:30.

Racing for me kicks of next Tuesday night at 6:30pm at the Fatties MTB critts. They are at the Eaglemont Tennis club Melway 31 K10 and entry is only $5 either A or B grade.

No comments: