Monday, February 16, 2009

Bushfire fundraiser

Congratulations to all who supported the 6 hour race at the You Yangs. Apparently $35,000 was raised and donated to the red cross bushfire relief. To all who organized this great event 'thank you' you make me proud to be associated with the MTB community.

As for the race, it was a great fun event. I had a great start which ended 10mins in when i strayed off line hitting a rock, flipping the bars. After repairing the damage i rejoined at the back of the race. A large lump of fluid appeared on my shin and something wrong with my shoulder i road for another 4 hours before getting another flat. With that i fixed it and called it a day. I saw first aid about my shoulder and it was established that i had stretched ligaments in my shoulder. It seems icing and anti-inflammatory for the next few days and i might make the start of the Owtways this weekend.

Don't forget this Tuesday night $100 is up for grabs if you can win A grade at the critts under Burk rd bridge (Yarra).

No comments: