Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mitch's first big ride.

I am almost 2 now and have been training up for my first enduro. Today dad decided i was ready as i hadn't been having my day time nap and getting up way to early in the morning. He said i was in great condition and would have no trouble completing the gruelling 5km loop that we have been running in the afternoon's.

I waited in the starting chute, full of beans.


The first decent was a bit hairy but i managed to hold it upright down the gravel path.


Out onto the footpath where i put my head down and drove into the wind.

Crossing the big grassy park was tough.


This is the beginning of the big climb 1km long.


A final burst over the crest of the big climb catching dad unexpectedly.


Steeling the break on dad and going for home.


Road crossings were difficult but my skills are getting better every day.


The home stretch. Dad had no hope of catching me it was a downhill finish.


It appears though dad was smarter than i thought as i fell asleep in my high chair after some food and drink completely spent.










2 comments:

MattDogTraining said...

Great story. It would make a good childrens book.

Kevin said...

that is awesome John! I will look for this kid in a few years doing the enduro's

Your kid has some skills at such an early age! it is true what you Aussies were saying when you were in canmore. You have some fast young guys coming up!!!


Kevin!