Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Frustrated cyclist visits the emergency ward AGAIN!

I haven't been able to update my blog in a while due to a bad reaction to antibiotics. This has stopped me from living life and confined me to the couch for the passed 5 days. I also had my second trip to the emergency department in less than a month - not good when your wife is 35 weeks pregnant.

I am having more tests tomorrow to find out why i was also having trouble walking from shooting pains running down the front of my right hip.

With all the sitting around i have put together my finest programme - peaking me perfectly for the 24 hour Worlds in July. When you can't do the things you want to, it makes you real hungry, so be warned training rides will become ferocious and leave you wishing you had gone to a race instead.

I won't be racing until Chase The Sun on 11th May (subject to the arrival of baby #2) where i will be teaming up with Murray to see if we can take out the series.

As for the garage sale mentioned in my previous post all items are still up for sale apart from the seat so if you are interested let me know as the cash will help fund my trip to the Worlds.

1 comment:

Steve Caddy said...

Fee and I were just talking about you guys (seeing as you were due around about the time we were).

Hope all's going really well (Dad-issues aside). Say hi to Kate and Mitch for us.