Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Condition the body to handle pain and disconfort.

Well after the weekend i have decided to have a go at the Kona 24 Solo. I have been taking it relatively easy since the Mont and thought i would test my fitness on the weekend.

Saturday i was up at 3am and home by 10:45am with a solid 220km under the belt. This ride started in the Dandynongs and finished with the Hell ride and gave me some uncomfortable saddle sores.

Backing up on Sunday i headed up to Ballarat for the last round of the Enduro series . This was a tough 6 hour ride with about 3000m of climbing and the temperature above 30. This ride should have hardened me up a bit as i found it difficult to get comfortable on the bike and after the 4 hour mark took it very easy even having a dip in the creek. I only managed 4th but was able to take the Enduro series win for a second year.

I have always wanted to win the Kona Solo but it has always been at the end of the year and i have normally had enough of the solo stuff and enjoyed the team enviroment for a race. This year though i feel the need to harden up and just do it.

No comments: