Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Team Giant win Chase the Sun Series.

Ok so i have had a break after the worlds. This is common practice for me to just walk away after a big build and have some time away from riding. I have been catching up with my family and work has been crazy since getting back. We seem to be getting somewhere now, finally finding a competent bricklayer to help us get through the work load.

After 3 weeks of zero riding i had to get straight into racing with Rd 4 of Chase the Sun on the weekend. This i was not expecting as i had gotten the dates wrong and thought i had a couple more weeks to get my legs rolling again. We had a great course set for the race using the entire Com games course with and add on of fire track and some minimal single track. I thought this was great as it had rained all week. The Com games track is hard waring and holds up well in the rain. This loop should be used if the weather is bad all the time. I think Full Gas are learning how to adjust according to the weather conditions so we can still have a great race no matter what conditions they are faced with.

I was up first pairing with Murry Spink again. I was surprised i actually came in a close second on the first lap. Murry quickly asserted his dominance sending me back out for a double with a small lead. I held pretty well just holding my place. Murry just never slowed down tapping out the 5 fastest laps for the day taking the pressure off me so i could just survive my laps, sucking up the cramping. In the end we won closely followed by Team Felt and the Torq Team in third. This finishing order worked out better than we thought and gave us enough points to take the series.

My advice to anyone else who is considering racing cold straight of a break. Don't do it. That night i was woken several times , my legs cramping refusing to relax. Anyway a few easier rides over the next couple of weeks before i look at some more races.

No comments: